Where can I buy an ASL 300

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by joallen001, Jan 31, 2007.

1. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

I been searching a little and cant seem to have any luck. I am located in TN. Can these still be purchased

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I don't think you can get them new. An ASV RC-30 is the same thing and are available new.

3. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

No longer available. Polaris tried to include them in their Pro Series, but could not move them. Unloaded them cheap so those who got them paid far less than the RC-30 (same machine) ASV was not happy I hear.

4. Lawnworks

from usa

How is your asv holding up? How many hours do you have on it?

5. Strawbridge Lawn

I have about 800 hours on the ASV. I love the machine for its size and capabilities. There is no substitute. You realize it when your machine is in the shop and you have to use a Dingo. I have over 6K in repair costs on undercariage repairs. I use it in places an RC50 should be used, but I think most owners do.
    Wanting a 247B (2) model, yet still want the rc-30 if you know what I mean.

6. Lawnworks

from usa

wow 6k in repair costs! I bought a used rc30, but that undercarriage made me nervous so I bought a used tracked dingo... I rebuilt my undercarriage at 700 hours for $1200 including brand new tracks, bearings, and rollers.

7. Strawbridge Lawn

A Dingo is in a different league. Good machines, but cannot match an RC-30. I have benn running my rc-30 like a rc-50 and I expect more wear and repair costs. I charge for it. Given the option of which to buy, I would buy a rc-30 over a Dingo any day and all day. Bigger machines allow for bigger profit potentials.

8. Lawnworks

from usa

Agree to disagree. I am glad I sold my asv... imo my dingo is much more agile and much more versatile than an rc30. Especially harley raking and trenching residential lawns. I could see an rc30 being nice where you are trenching or harley raking for long stretches.

They didn't warranty the pumps? How did that happen?

9. Strawbridge Lawn

Not Sure how it happened to be honest. First drive motor suuffered fatigue when moving sand on a beach. Housing practically tore/came apart. The second time (about 400 hours later) I was only moving rcok to a backfill area.
    Dingo's definitely have their place and it depends on what you are doing with it. Sounds like you made the right choice based on what you do more of and that is what it is all about.

While my RC-30 has had failures, I (like most operators) use the machine hard at times. The manual stresses pre-mature fatigue if you routinely meet its lift capacity (roller wheels/UC Items). The machine is/has paid for itself, and I am only 1 year away from paying cash for a bigger machine thanks to the money it makes.

10. Chadevergreen

Chadevergreen LawnSite Member

I've got three ASL's I replaced front and rear bogeys every so often. Two have over 3,000 hours and I replaced the tracks once. The other one has 1500 hours on original tracks. I started using BAIR products aluminum bogeys with grease-able bearings. I'll let you know how they go. I bought the first two brand new from Wade Tractor in Griffin for 13,500 a piece, two years no interest with a bucket. Wish I could buy a few more at that price, last I checked a RC 30 runs 23,500.00