Where can I buy replacement belt for V-Ride?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnsaspire, Sep 30, 2012.

1. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer is over an hour away. and none of the parts stores or anything in town sells an equivalant. Is there a website I can order from to buy this belt? The belt number is 483966. Mower number is:SVR48V-691FX.
    Also when I took the belt off it was so loose I could easily move it by hand. And when I took it off the tensioner spring lay limp and loose against the deck. Is it normal for the spring to be that loose when removing the belt?

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I do not know where you live but try Granger or look for a power transmission supplier.
    You likely will need to know the standard belt size not the MGF part number.

Have you tried any of the part sponsors with banners on this site

3. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

You can probably order the belt from baileys online.
    However if you have any power dealer close , bring the belt in and they can probably match it for you.
    As far as the tensioner I believe there is a way to tighten the spring on the self tensioner. Look at your manual I think they give directions.
    Good luck.

4. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

My dealer is over an hour away. I usually just have them ship things like that to me. Saves me time and I couldn't drive there any cheaper.

5. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

If you bought it new from this dealer and it is under waurenty I would bring the mower back to him because it sounds like you might have some other problems with the belt being so loose.

6. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

I buy 90 percent of my parts from ebay at half the cost of the dealer. Most parts come in 2 or 3 days.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Ebay is a good resource...so are these...PartsTree.com & J.Thomas

We have a Mills Fleet Farm in Minnesota and they have the same belts as MOST of our mowers...believe it or not in there electrical department....cost considerably less

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Napa sells the "green" colored belts that are Kevlar reinforced. I broke the hydro belt on my Tiger Cub last season. I took it across the street to Napa and got one. It's been on for a season with no issues. The deck belt however is 5 years old with little to no signs of wear. I sure hope I'm not setting myself up for a breakdown. LOL

9. caddy029

caddy029 LawnSite Member

Auto Zone , take the old belt up there and tell them to size it up, bout 1/3 of the cost from your dealer,been running one for 2 yrs. now.