Where can I find a good price on an enclosed trailer online?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lawnworks, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I need an 8x20 enclosed trailer. Where can I get one cheap? I wouldn't mind going out of state to avoid sales tax.

2. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

just paid close to 3500.00 for a new 6'x12'.
    i looked online but couldnt find any.
    check ebay or wells cargo or pace america and look for links.
    check your search engine finds.

3. Don't you pay sales tax when you register it?

Most are made in Indiana, take a trip there, save the $500 for shipping and most likely some extra dough.

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Were in Georgia are you. i know of a good used haul mark for sale. in that size.

5. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Express Trailers makes a great trailer and is located in GA look them up.

6. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

MSI trailers has given me the best prices that I could find, checking 6-7 different local and out of state dealers.

try 1-888 HAUL MSI

or
    www.mobilestructures.com

7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

First, you end up paying sales tax when you get your plates, unless you try to use to without plates:( . If you try to lower the price, then you can't deduct the full amount from the business,either. It ain't worth the trouble. However, look for a local company and pick it up at the factory, you should save doing that.

8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Switchless is right about looking locally, meaning a couple hundred miles or so. What you may think you'll save in taxes would be more than offset by shipping costs and/or travel expenses.
    Indiana isn't the only place, several close by me in East Texas, couple more in South Louisiana, several that I know of in Southern Arkansas, couple here in Shreveport. . . . . Not that you'd want to travel to get any of these, point being, they're all over the place.