1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where can I find Licensing Info?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Feb 8, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, where can I find out what things like fertilizing, weed control, landscaping, hedging etc require a license? I live in Louisiana. All ineed is a website or some # to call or whatever and I'll look it up.
  2. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

Louisiana Department of Agriculture.
  3. Vibe Ray

Anyone got a link to that? I'm lazy!
  4. jay

jay LawnSite Member

5. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

vibe there is a section in the phone called yellow pages look under government, there you will find a listing La. dept. of Agriculture and Forestry, call them and they will send you a copy of rules and regulations and book to study for the test
  6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I have found the secretary of state office to be the best one-stop shopping trip for all your license and business permit needs. They will point you to all the proper agencies depending on what you set out to do.
  7. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

You can search any state office web info by going to "www.state.XX.us", where XX is the two letter abbreviation of the state in question. This is the home page for the state. Most have search functions right on home page.
    US cities are similarly found at "www.ci.NAME.XX.us", where NAME is the city name (use hyphens for spaces in multiple word names) and XX is the state.
    Not all cities have started this, and states are generally way ahead of cities in amount of info published. But you may still have to work by phone in some states. In others, you can find out almost as much on the web as you can by phone and personal visit. Just downloaded tax forms and instructions from 2 states last night to do my sister-in-law's taxes, because she moved last year. Would have been a half day job to go get the forms.

[Edited by GroundKprs on 02-09-2001 at 07:04 AM]
  8. Vibe Ray

Thanks guys!!!