Where can I find the mower wheel stap down thingies?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, May 14, 2003.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

What ever they are called.. :) to keep the mower from moving around on the trailer

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Green touch has them. Awfully expensive though.
    How about making something? I installed "D" rings in the floor (one in front and one in back of each tire) and used small ratchet straps over the tires to hold them down.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

since i'm a solo-op i only have one machine. so i have 2 small chains with hooks that come up from the sides of the trailer and grab onto the loops on my Gravely's deck. then i just winch it back with a rachet strap. It works well for me, but i've got a relatively small trailer at the moment, so I'll need to rig something different when i get my 6x10

4. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

If you live near a Lesco, they sell wheel clamps for $31.75 ea. They work awesome!! They save so much time strapping your mower down.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

The Lescos are the Green Touch. I just can't see spending $128 (for 2 mowers) to strap it down.

For about $15 you can get a pack of 4 ratchet straps. $10 or $12 more for "D" rings if you need them (you can just hook to rails of open trailer, but I know Tom uses an enclosed).
    Plus you have the racthet straps for other uses if you need them (and I always do).

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Jonathan.. I am actually looking for a friend of mine who needs to tie down a Commando. My Lazer has never moved in my trailer using only 2x4's on either side of the wheels. Good memory...

7. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmer trap makes a nice sytem , I am not sure what they cost ?