where can i find this- locks front wheel to trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turbo5560, Feb 26, 2010.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

i've seen them online before but can't remember the name of it. It's a lock that bolts to your trailer floor and you put the front caster of your zero turn in it to keep it from rolling on the trailer.
    please help!

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's called a prolocker.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i was just trying to help with locating them, but have to say they will get in the way if you do anything but mowing on that trailer with the same mowers in the same place. we use fastraps and they are not in the way so we can use the trailer more easily for other projects. just a thought in case you were unaware of them.

5. turbo5560

it looks like u can take prolocker out very easily with leaving right the mount rails on the trailer. Am i missing something?

6. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

do pro lockers meet dot standards?

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

8. turbo5560

the problem with the straps is that, one, they want you to have two of them... and two, i see them pulling on the trailer and running over a strap and getting it caught under the tire and having to back off the trailer and move the strap out of the way and then try again. Yes, i know not a big deal, but if the trailer is 98% a mower trailer it would make some sense to think about this...

9. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 Prolockers, they are a really good product. If I want to load the tractor or something else on the trailer, I can remove the Prolocker in seconds by pulling a spring-loaded pin. They go back on just as quick. The brackets that are bolted to the trailer floor are only about 1/2 inch high, so you can load right over them. I have used them for 4 seasons now.

I cannot imagine a faster way to secure a mower to a trailer. You just drive the mower into the thing, spin the pin, done. To get the mower out, pull the pin, turn it 1/4 turn, drive mower out.

They used to claim DOT compliant, but the company seems to have disappeared. FYI, Exmark used to sell them painted red, called "Lazer Lockers".

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

What holds the back of the mower in place? One PL isn't going to keep the back of the mower from bouncing around. Yeah it's best to use 2 Fastraps. Considering the price, your getting two strap kits for the price of only one PL. I've only had to move the mower off a strap on two occasions. Both due to the wind blowing them in the way. Other then that, simply lay the straps where you want them and 9.9 times out of 10 they stay put while mowing. Try to get a PL to work on a Scag without having to spin the front caster around backwards to get them to work. Useless product in my eyes if it doesn't work on my mower or secure my mower from moving around.