Where can I find...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, so we are trying to get any piece of equipment, we need anything just so we can get some grading work with this GC we're working for and his lots are small and usually about 1 or 2 maybe 3 a month so we wont make enough to pay rental on a T190, so we've found some 863's and 773's bobcat skids for cheap, but we still want tracks. Well, I am not buying a T190 with 2 or 3,000 hours for 15k, just to much that could go wrong on a CTL or that will need replaced. So anyways, we would still like tracks, and I mentioned VTS to dad and he wants to know how much a set costs for either a 773 or an 863 from the late 90's, so where can I look to find a price for a set? or who can I get in contact with to get a price?

2. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got no idea where you can find your stuff, but YAAAAY. Junior's gettin his own equipment finally. :clapping:

3. Junior M

I know!!! I have no clue where we're going to put it, but who cares! We already missed a new kubota 161 something with 300 hours for 9 grand. I would like the 863 just because they look tough, like all large frame skids do. I found a 1998 773 with joysticks? :confused: I have no clue what pattern but its like 15,000. :cry:

I hope something work outs, its not for sure yet but we're looking and it would give us a start...

4. CAT powered

What's your budget looking like for a machine? That'd help you in your search and help my ability to help you search.

5. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

Try craigslist. Do a google search using terms like this: bobcat 863 site:craigslist.org

That way you are searching the national craigslist database.

6. Junior M

7. CAT powered

That doesn't look all too terrible to me. If you just replace the front glass you'll be all set. I'd want to go look at it and check its mechanical condition on everything, but for the most part it looks alright to me.

8. Junior M

Yeah, definetly look at it before purchase, the plus side its in Ohio, so we could look at it while we're there..

9. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

10. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

What about ironplanet? The prices are petty good on the skid and CTL's.

minimax