Where can I get a good....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Koby, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Koby

Koby LawnSite Member

So I just bought my first walk behind I love it my back yard is a nice size it used to take me 30-45minutes to cut it yesterday it took me 10 with my Toro 44" pro but I still need a sulky and a good blower does anyone know where I can get the two for a good price?
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Where did you buy the mower?
  3. Koby

Koby LawnSite Member

off line a guy was selling it
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, ok...
    Before you answer what I meant was like a dealer, or private... Because if it's a dealer then that's where to go for the blower and Velke, also you'll likely need to find yourself a nearby one anyhow, sooner or later you'll need that feller.

Otherwise you can try ebay or a few other places but the blower I would buy that from a local dealer, because if you keep bypassing the man that is eventually supposed to fix your stuff...
    Matter of fact I'd get the sulky there, too.
    Might cost a bit more but it's worth it to start cementing such a relationship.

As for the mower, I understand, they're not cheap and starting out I guess, fine, no problem.
    But I'd still start looking for a dealer.

Just my 02
  5. Koby

Koby LawnSite Member

Thanks man I appreciate that any Good dealers in mind I found Billings and Weingartz, just want to know if there are any out there worth while
  6. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

depending on what part of southeast michigan you live in, you could try a google search for local dealers in your area. Give them a call and speak to them and start building rapport with them. They treat the comm guys very good with quick service when your equipment is down.
  7. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the site and the business, new member Koby!
  8. mowerman87

mowerman87 LawnSite Member

my dealers are pricks. I avoid them like the plague. And under no circumstances do I pay them for mechanic work. They almost always say the operator did something wrong and charge out the wazzoo. The only time they see me is when I have already decided what I am going to buy and then I proceed to haggle the heck out of them. They are only polite to the biggest lco's in fort worth. the thousands of other guys mowing in this area get treated like an annoyance in their store. I walk in and tell them what I will pay. Sometimes they say yes and sometimes no, but its a balanced relationship.
  9. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you ever considered that to them, you might appear to be in the same class as your own customers who accept the lowballers bids appear to you? They may just be trying to recoupe what they sacrificed to you in the sale of equipment, by charging for it on the repairs. We all probably share a distaste the lowballers but, many often become guilty of similar practices when purchasing equipment. Something to think about.
  10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Is this how your potential customers approach you for your service? Do they tell you what they will pay, and you sometimes say YES, sometimes say NO? If this works well, I would like to hear more.