Where can I get an electric start for my toro 52"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Mar 19, 2001.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I think there is an electric start kit they make for the toro proline 52" mower. Does anyone know who has it, where I can get it and how much it costs?
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I don't know what motor that has on it, but the motor Mfg. would be the source for the starter kit, but the mower dealer should be able to get it if he doesn't stock it.

I hope it's not a Kawasaki engine, they want $189 over the counter for a 6.5 HP Kaw starter. This kit would have to be at least $300 or more, is my guess if they want that much just for a small starter.
  3. Forget it you will also have to change the wiring harness.
    Add a battery tray, hold downs, cables, solinoid, new key switch etc etc. It will cost you about 1/3 or more of your purchase price.

If you you would have asked for my advise b/4 you bought that thing I would have told you to pass it buy and wait for a used machine to arrive on the used market with a kohler twin.

If you can't pull start a 12.5hp I suggest you join a gym.
  4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

That's darned $$ its is indeed a kaw heh my luck =).

Its not a problem of being unable to pull it, just a simple luxury that can be added to ease exhaustion on the hot days, maybe you like to pull in the summer heat but if I could avoid it without much trouble I don't think I would be the only one to do it.

Thanks for the info guys.
  5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I would stick with the pull start, there's just less to go wrong. Thoughs kawi's usually start pretty easy anyway.