Where can I get Lawngrips Boots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jan 26, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I love these boots - one pair usually lasts me 2 years and that includes some heavy walking. I have been trouble finding size 12 Lawngrip boots though. I specifically like the lower cut Pro 6 boot (who wants high boots in hot weather??). Does anyone know who carries the full line of Lawngrips? Are Lawngrips being phased out possibly?

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

There was a company that was at green EXPO a couple years back who sold them. They were from Iowa. I can't remember where at but it was along 35 because I remember them saying they came through my town once or twice a week when they go to the twin city metro area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

4. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

How comfortable are those Lawngrips?

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

To me very comfortable. Easy to break in. I wear the steel toed ones. Never had a problem with blisters or related with these boots.

Also, I know the company that sold the Lawngrips at the Green Expo that is where I usually bought them. They didn't show up this year.

6. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

I was looking for them too. Mine barely make it a season with the low tops and they fall apart. I used to is the tall one for spring and fall clean ups. I got tired of throwing them away after a season and trying to find them. I just went to the red wing store in your neck of the woods. Paid 200 for a tall steel for boot. I wear them year around. Even in the winter. I can walk all day and night in them. They should last more than 3 or 4 FULL SEASONS.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I purchased several pair of Lawngrips at EXPO in Louisville, KY. I got my last pair online from shoebuy.com out of Boston. Stihl dealers sell some models of Lawngrips.

8. dalealan

dalealan LawnSite Member

Google them.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Tried a few online dealers but I can't find the lower top boots in a size over 8. Maybe they are discontinuing some of the versions?

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i really like the boots as well. i destroy them in about 6 months though. so after a few years of wearing them out, for the money i went back to wolverines which last more than a year for the same or cheaper price. i even talked to them about my concerns and i got blown off. grr