1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get one of these?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BIGBEN2004, Feb 1, 2008.

1. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I signed on another forums page but I am not allowed to post anything up their..:confused: I don't know why. On that page allot of people talking about these excavators but I have never seen one in the States. Are they sold in the USA? If so how much does the price range on them? They look like they could do some extreme excavating in some very rough terrains to work on. Basically I am saying " I WANT ONE ":cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NN8snGo4V4&feature=related

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

3. BIGBEN2004

Thank you. How come I cant post any messages up over their on Heavy Equipment? I signed up and have access now but it wont allow me to post.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Give it time, they have a really weird set up there, took me a day to get access, and then you can only respond to 10 threads with just posts, then you can start making new threads. Very unusual, some forums so that to prevent spammers.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure what Brian Hay paid for his, but they had to ship it from Europe. However, it has 4,000 hours and was refurbished by the manufacturer and is in like-new condition.

6. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Scag/Cascade Landscape ( :) ) do you know what Brian paid for his machine?

7. BIGBEN2004

I would like to know also. Even for a used and rebuilt one I am curious. I would imagine that since they are a specialty item they probably do into the 6 digits fast.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I imagine that it only gets up a good head of steam at 100K. It has to be maintainance intesive, parts?

9. BIGBEN2004

That is true but they say they are tough and you buy one you never get rid of it. The problem would be parts. Cant just drive down to the local dealer for them since I dont even know where one is.

10. Brian Hay

Brian Hay LawnSite Member

Hi Guys!
    Great looking site you have here. Thanks for posting the link to me Ron. I spotted it in the stats for my site and followed it here. I added a link on my links page in my forums to here, I'm sure lots of my members and visitors will like this site as well.

If it's my forum you are referring to that you had problems with I'm sorry about that. It should be ok now. Someone has been messing with it on me lately. I have to temporarily make it members only for a little while until I ether learn more about forum security or find someone to help me with that. So you may have to register before you can see the whole site...sucks I don't want it that way.

This is who I got my machine from kaiserexcavators.com
    He is well connected all over and can find what you need (or point you to someone who can in your area). There is a U.S dealer but I forget who they are at the moment. I will hunt them down later and post the link for you. I want to find it to link them to my site as well.

I'm kinda pressed for time right now but I just wanted to stop in and say a quick hello. If any of you guys want to email me to pick my brain your welcome to. I will stop back in here again as well when I have more time.