1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get these door hangers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by metomeya, Dec 18, 2006.

1. metomeya

metomeya LawnSite Member

I'm sure everyone has seen them.

They are door hangers with no slits.

They actually do have slits, several small cuts from the hole, but don't go all the way out.
  2. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Why mess with the door knobs at all? It's a good way to get shot. Some skittish old lady is going to hear her door knob giggling and shoot through the door. Get some heavy stock paper and just slip it between the weatherstripping and the door. It goes a lot faster as well. If you insist on the slits, just google door hangers and you'll get more companies that sell these than you'll know what to do with.
  3. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

I agree with mojob. I have postcards designed basically the same as you would for a flyer or door hanger. I slip them in the door jam, i also like putting them on garage door jams. I have a spot to write in a price. Plus it works like an oversized business card. And for the cost of postcards (less than $200 for 2500) I couldn't imagine using anything else.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The problem with the slipping them into the weather stripping thing, is that as soon as the people open their door, this paper drops to the ground and blows away like litter. I am NOT going to make people bend over to pick up crap out of their yard. the door hangers work MUCH better. You don't want the slits, though...You want the hooks. Too often, the front storm doors have loop handles.