Where can I....

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by LawnGuy73, Apr 7, 2003.

1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where can I buy a Striping kit for my OLD STYLE surfer??????
    Also how much do they cost???

2. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Epic Lawn Care:

I can’t help you with your request however, I have heard of aftermarket kits. You may wnat to check with your local dealer on this. I will say, if the cutter deck is pitched correctly 1/8 to ¼-inch front to back with the back being higher than the front of the deck, the machine should stripe very well on its own. Our cutter decks have always had a good reputation of being a good striping decks. Of course, you will see better striping when the lawns are lusher, such as in the spring or when irrigated.

JMJ

3. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

John,
    I also have an old style Surfer. I recently asked the same question about a striping kit. I have an answer for you-Checkmate striping kit. I just purchased the 29" (for the 48" Surfer) last week and plan to try it out next week. The cost was approx. $215 and it seems to be really well built. Do a search for Big League Lawns here or on the internet. The service was EXCELLENT, Bob was great to do business with and answered all of my questions in a timely manner. I will be sending Bob some pics of how I mounted the Checkmate on my Great Dane since he didn't have any pics for the Danes yet. If you need any help or have any ?'s about the mounting- private message me and I'll help any way I can. Good Luck.

P.S You can see the Checkmate in action on his website-and check out pictures of some of it's handywork at Lawn Forums (do a search for Checkmate, striping, etc.)