Where did FORCE go??

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mcwlandscaping, May 11, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I noticed that the force icons are gone and there isn't a specific FORCE forum anymore. Where did it go and is it going to come back??

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

The Force, as you know, is Billy Goat. We spoke to them and they decided to try LawnSite and they were "overwhelmed by the response and information" and they are repositioning some things and they are looking to get back on the site soon. All in all, we were told it was an absolute success and they received excellent insight and information from the members of the site.

3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

It WAS billy goat what a stinking scam!

4. Sean Adams

That would be called creative marketing....not a scam

They wanted an opinion based on the machine with nothing else involved....

If you stop and think about it, it was a smart move.

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Smart but the company was basing their own selves, not so smart.

6. Sean Adams

Not sure what you mean?

7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to agree with Sean. That was very smart marketing. They had a good advertising plan and obviously they hit their target market on the head. The choice of media was good to.

8. The Goat Guy

The Goat Guy LawnSite Member
    from MO

We as Billy Goat are a small, privately held family company with limited budgets. We sank the bulk of our current Force advertising budget into the covert Force site and Lawnsite.com. The activity and interest we recieved from this site lead me to believe that you get the best bang for the buck here. I heard from some great people and got some great information. This has been well worth the money and I hope to be back as a sponsor soon.

As for bashing ourselves how else could we have made people think it wasn't us? It was a calculated decision that was reinforced by the fact that this is NEVER done in this industry. If anyone had even dreamed it was us the advertising would have fallen deaf ears. The money would have been wasted. We had something that was completely different and we needed to advertise it in a completely different manner.

Drew Coates
    (aka Mr. Force)

9. Sean Adams

Like I said....smart marketing.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Damn good plan to me, im really planning on buying one this year when they come out.