Where did you say those contracts are?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MJStrain, Sep 17, 2002.

1. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

I'v gotten tired of searching so I'll just ask. A few weeks ago someone here told me someone else had contracts online you could by. Also had a package with all sorts of helpful little how to letters to use with customers. Any one hear a bell ringing?:)

Michael

2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Lawncare success has them but i think you can get them from the lawn site store. if not just click on the lawncaresuccess sign at the top of the page(its yellow and black)

3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Lawnsite has contracts in the store if you want to buy some. LawnCare Success has 20 letter templates you can buy also. Good luck.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the new and used equipment marketplace and click on the lawnsite.com store link. They are in there.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I bought the templates and can't say I was impressed. I'll never use them and think they were a waste of money. They may be good for someone who hasn't written letters/proposals/contracts before, but I have and can do way better myself.

Here's the introduction line from one of them: "I always love to hear from my customers. I especially like to hear from them when something is wrong. That may sound odd, but it is true. "

To think that I actually paid for that kills me.

6. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

To:darryl gesner

Hmmmm... interesting. This is the other side of that coin.

I went ahead and bought the items in questions, namely the Direct Mail Templates. While reading them I came across the one concerning monthly payments. Thought that to be a novel idea and the more I thought about it the more I liked it. Heck I could sign up customers that were currently only getting a basic mow, trim and blow for more services, like fertilizing, tree and shrub trimming etcetera...spread their payments out over twelve months and the customer could still be paying less per month than they were for a lot less.

So I made a few calls this morning and signed up all eight people I talked to for an average of $400.00 per year more than they were spending. That's $3,200.00 more per year for a $27.95 investment.

Excuse me I've more calls to make.:D

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I will also go to bat for Sean.

I got the proposal and contract templates. I think they are both great. For the 49.90 i spent, i saved myself alot of dough. If i wanted to create a legaly binding agreement such as what i got from Sean, i would have had to see an attourney and that cost big. Plus i have a proven proposal that i dont have to change by finding out that there are loop holes in and get screwed in the mean time. I think that even if a few of the direct mailers are not good for you, there are still more than a dozen that are useful for you. If you still dont like it, sorry about your luck!!!

8. Darryl G

As I said, they may be good for some people. I wrote proposals, contracts, letters and reports every day in my last career (project manager for an environmental engineering/consulting firm) and got pretty good at it. Especially the legal mumbo jumbo. If that's something you guys use some help with, by all means, buy them. Most people would probably get some good ideas at a minimum, and you can change anything you don't like/doesn't apply. I just found many of the direct mail letters corny and saying things that I wouldn't. I have a hard time just putting my name on a letter written by someone else, especially when it doesn't fit my style. Honestly, I would be embarrassed to send some of them out the way they are worded.

Just my opinion.

9. Change the so they read like you want them too. How hard can that be?

Change the name of co. and in most cases you are set, that's what they are made for.

10. Darryl G

Godfather: You talking to me? I think I just said what you said, but it sounds like you're disagreeing?:dizzy: