Where do I buy a "fixed" sulkey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by boozoo, Apr 28, 2001.

1. boozoo

boozoo LawnSite Member

I need a sulkey which doesn't "trailer" but remains fixed behind the mower with castering wheels (not the bullrider since I don't need or want to pay for the trailering feature). I heard LESCO makes one, but their website is useless. Can I order from LESCO or are there any other good ones I should know about? Thanks

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Lesco does make a two-wheeled sulky like you describe. I've seen one on the showroom floor and it looks like a good unit. I passed on buying one because the out-to-out dimensions on the caster wheels is 37". I didn't think it would work for my 36" mower. They claimed folks with 36" machines were buying them, but I fail to understand why the one wheel wouldn't be mashing down uncut grass.

I think the price was $295, but can't be sure.

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a bullrider. Solid unit. I think I paid about $350.00 with shipping.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

trimmertrap makes a fixed sulky with castering wheels. its called "Rocketwheels". you can order it directly from them i think.

5. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on the Proslide.

7. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

Anyone know where I can buy the pro-slide online??

8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I've used a Lesco sulky works best on a hydro, very similiar
    to a bullrider in the hydro position. Call Lescos 800#
    might be better. I have a 52 Lesco belt I use a sit down
    trailering sulky.

9. Eng Mwr Guy

Eng Mwr Guy Gravely Manufacturer

Don't you have to walk between properties if seperated by asphalt or concrete? Isn't that kind of a pain?

I suppose it depends on your situation which sulky is best for you.

Incidentally, I did some testing on the new WB I am working on. The front tires were pneumatic. Guess what had to be replaced by noon. :)

Barry

10. MrFikit

MrFikit LawnSite Member

Actually, Lesco makes an excellent sulky, as does Cub Cadet Commercial. Anyone I've know has had no prpoblems with the width or the "smashing down of the grass". They are primarily used behind a hydro unit as they are more likley to handle the stress rather than a gear transmission, such as a Peerless. These sulkys are heavy-duty and worth it!