1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Where do I get Confront in liquid form?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by bobcat175, May 2, 2006.

  1. bobcat175

    bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 377

    Where does a homeowner get CONFRONT in liquid form? Should this be available without a license?
  2. LarryF

    LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,171

    I am perhaps among the least qualified to answer this question, but I just happened to be paging through a turf care catalog from Lesco that I picked up the other day, and I saw Confront listed on page 22. Comes in a one-gallon plastic bottle.
  3. Piedmont Lawn

    Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member
    Posts: 178

    I saw some at Tractor Supply a few weeks ago also check with you local Feed & Seed store.

  4. upidstay

    upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT
    Posts: 1,341

    Confront is no longer labeled for residential use. Commercial only. It is a restricted use pesticide here in CT, meaning you need a license. Not sure about New Hampshire. Go to Lesco.com and check for the number to the store in NH and ask them. They can get it as long as it is labeled for ssale in your state.
  5. bobcat175

    bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 377

    Yeah they changed the label from last year. They are pushing Spotlight instead. They quoted me $250/gl which is a little steep for the homeowner to justify.

    Should I be looking at Confront3?
  6. TurfProSTL

    TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 693

    What are you trying to control with it?
  7. bobcat175

    bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 377

    Dandelions (spot treatments), clover, poison ivy creeping over a rock wall.
  8. nmurph

    nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga
    Posts: 668

    depending on what type of grass you have, Bayer makes some products that are available to the homeowner (Lowe's, H-D) which will control the clover and dandelion. if you don't have too much poison ivy to control, you can snip the vines and spray the bottom part with a strong round-up solution.
  9. TurfProSTL

    TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 693

    Any 3-way should control those. If the ivy is growing on a wall, you can get it with multiple treatments of the same product, just keep it off any nearby desirable plants.....

Share This Page