1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where do I go about buying high-quality fertilizer?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by LandscapeSolutions, Aug 10, 2005.

1. LandscapeSolutions

LandscapeSolutions LawnSite Member

Ive been fertilizing my clients lawns for years, but the fertilizer I use seems like s***! It rarely greens up the lawns like the fertilizer other companies use. As of now, I buy my fertilizer from the local COOP. Its brand name is Lawn Science. Im sure Im using the right application rates.

Where is a good source to buy high-quality fertilizer from?? Have any of you tried buying it from Lesco?
  2. I have used Lesco fertilizers for a few years now and I think they are above average. Just make sure to match the right product for your lawns needs and you will get a happy lawn.

Since Lesco has recently sold off some of its manufacturing plants, I am keeping a close eye on the quality of the fertilizers in case there is a change in their quality.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

lebanon / the andersens / lesco / uhs / reed&perrine........all of them are pretty good
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I completely agree Barefoot.

They're looking for better service, supposedly. It's bringing in a middle man now, so expect a price increase as well.

Lesco will want to make a percentage off the fertilizer they don't make anymore.