Where Do I Start?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by djjaymo, Jun 12, 2005.

1. djjaymo

djjaymo LawnSite Member

New to the board and I would like to say hey to everyone. I am interested in starting my own lawn care business in 2006 and I would just like some input on how I should got started.

Heres a little info to help. Currently, I don't own any equipment, truck, or trailor to really get started. Don't currently have alot of income at the moment but was planning on saving to get equipment. Is it best for me to start full-time or part-time? Live in WA.

Please respond with good info. Thanks!

2. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

First the best tool on this website is the Search tool. If you have a question and you want instant info, just type in a key word and you will find tons of posts. Second, I would recomend the following book, which provides a great wealth of knowledge pertaining to the buisness aspect of Landscaping. It is to the point and provides a lot of detailed information about running a landscaping company.

How to Start a Home-Based Landscaping Business

owen Dell

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Most people start part-time as the amount of work dictates that. If you are not making a lot of money then I would put all of my time and money into building a full-time business.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, save as MUCH money as you CAN !

Learn to live on next to nothing and squirrel everything away :)

5. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

see an accountant get legal buy the best gear and reasearch your market have bus planand budget your advertising for 12 mths treat your first customer like he is donald trump

6. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 LawnSite Member

It sucks but it works and is well worth it in the end. Its how i got the money for my truck only working part time at a restaurant and 1-2 days a week landscaping. It was a PIA but worth it.

Good luck too ya, im just starting out too. :waving: