Where do u guys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by summitgroundskeeping, Apr 23, 2001.

1. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you guys like to eat when you are mowing if you do eat? I stop at home to eat or bring a lunch after I relized how expensive it was to eat $ubw@y everday. Do you guys do the same?
  2. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I bring along canned foods, Beanie Weines, sardines, smoked oysters, those nasty little sausages, etc. There cheap and easy. Russ
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Good lord, save now pay the cardiologist later...

I usully don't eat much during the day, fruits, Subway, or other local sandwich shops. I like Atlanta Bread also.
  5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yea Kirby, I pack an artery everyday eating beanie weiniees LOL and potato chips and water. Well you gotta go sometime.
  6. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Yep it adds up we spend about $10.00 each a day on food, then once a week I buy so...yea it adds up...but hey..we enjoy the break in a nice AC place..to sit and shoot the breeze....
  7. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Red Lobster... Lone Star Steak House...

Anyplace I can jump into to get a bite...lol
  8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with awm on this one. i usually just dont eat. I get my coffee at 8 am sharp every day. (latte for those of you whom are coffee fluent, 20 oz triple with a flavor, or a 16 oz double w/flavor)

That usually holds till dinner or a midnight snack. Oh and my pack of cancer a day helps as well. IF i do stop then it is two delux burgers at DQ or some greasy food from a local gas station. No more than once a month on the grease though. YUCK!
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

No fast food places for us either, we eat at resturants and get a good meal. It's about the same price too.
  10. Kansas Turf Man

Kansas Turf Man LawnSite Member

I usually eat at Subway, Quiznos, or somewhere with a buffet like Pizza Hut. My crew wears company clothing (T-shirt with North American Turf on the Pocket) and I park where everyone can see my truck. You would be suprised at the business you can pick up over the lunch hour. I try to time it when the Doctors and banker go to lunch. Most of them seem to hate doing yard work and will hire you at the drop of a hat.