1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

where do you all get your flyers printed?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnwizards, Jan 12, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i got my flyer plan all worked out, now all i need is to have them printed. just wanted to know where you all get your flyers? from the internet, local print shop, etc.... what size flyers did you pass out? i was thinking of 5x7 or something like that. every response is greatly appreciated. oh yea, what do you pay per 1000?

lawn wizards
  2. greenback

greenback LawnSite Member
    from L.I.

well my partner owns a tanning salon and he has his print guy doing our flyers. so my prices would not be comparable to yours probably. the price you get for 1000 i will get 3 or 4000. you could prolly try staples or a place like that, dont know how cheap they are, or alocal print shop i guess.

price: 5000 business cards we get for $100
  3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Check local print shops. The price will run from $20 to $50 per 1000 depending on quantity. I use full size 8 1/2" x 11" flyers, but you can get them at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (2 per sheet) then cut in half. 5000 business cards are around $50 including shipping with promo discounts through VistaPrint.com

Stay away from office supply stores for printing.. too expensive.. try the mom and pop shops
  4. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

By researching places on the Internet I had 1000 door hangers done for considerably less than any place in town. Anything you do over the Internet generally requires everything to be already layed out and print ready. That means, be sure everything is perfect and have someone proofread your work. I would also tend to go to a local print shop if I didn't feel good about doing most the work myself over the Internet. I'm sure prices will vary depending upon quality and size of paper, colors, and perhaps even how many folds or cuts.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

the online thing could either be a dream or a nightmare depending on how it comes out.

they could come back picture perfect or with a typo. and then when you try and contact the "person" that did it...they throw their hands in the air and say see ya.

just be careful that you dont have just anyone do it. it is your biz afterall:D
  6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

thanks for all the responses but you really haven't helped me any. if they would have left my thread on the commercial lawncare part then i would have probably gotten my answer by now. why isn't this considered lawn care? i need help with this and hardly anyone goes beyond the commercial lawn care link. again, i'd like to thank everyone for responding.

lawn wizards.
  7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I use 4over.com Decent prices and great work. I have found when it comes to full color -- local guys cannot compete!
  9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

When I first looked into this last year I designed a flyer and took it to Kinkos. THEY ARE REDICULOUS! For 1000 color flyers they quoted me a price of $780. Considering I was looking at making a minimum of 5000 flyers I decided to buy a new printer and did it myself. I bought an all-in-one printer for around $180; used up approx. 6 color cartridges and 4 black cartridges=$250, paper was about $30 (card stock is about twice as much). My total initial investment was around $460 for 5000 flyers. I've also learned to modify my process to make it even more affordable. I now refill my own ink cartridges and bring down the print quality enough to save on ink without sacrificing the appearance. Now I spend around $90 to make 5000 flyers. The nice thing about having an all-in-one printer is I now have a scanner/fax/printer to do all my projects on. I make my own iron-on logos for T-shirts, I made photo qulity copies of all my forms on card stock to use as templates, and I also print up all of my own business cards. Just something to think about while you're searching for someone else to do it for you.
  10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi lawnwizards,

You may want to point out what type of flyers you are doing. Full color or black and white?