1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where do you buy large amounts of seed from?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MudslinginFX4, Aug 29, 2004.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking around this year at different places for seed. Most of the yards I maintain are Fescue and Bermuda. Where do all of you get your seed from?
  2. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

The one and only lesco.
  3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Lesco Park & Athletic.. 50lb bag $80.00

Best stuff I've ever used.. Zero weeds
  4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I use Wetzel Seed Comapny, IKEX in Pittsburgh(new vendor for me) and Morgantown Ag. All can get me specific blends of what I need for each job in large quantities. A friend and fellow LCO blended a mix two summers ago that is really great for the lawns around here, and is sold thru the Morgantown Ag store here..A little pricey at $ 2.00 per pound, but when you want quality, price doesn't matter as much.
  5. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Jhon deer quatoted me 39 a 50 lesco in Raleigh has sold me trans. bled in the past 35 a 50 and I have good luck with it. We get a good deal on fertlizer from camp chem. in Roxsboro they custom blend what ever we want.
  6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks all. I've been using my local Lesco and can't really complain. I was just seeing what some of my other options were. Broken Leg, I think I've heard of that place in Roxboro, but not 100% sure.
  7. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

lesco or john deere landscape are the cheapest ones around here......
  8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Over the Internet ..... that's fore grass seed correct
  9. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I typically use Lesco for the better maintained turf stands. I have some accounts that oat planting would be an improvement over what the customer wants.
  10. We use local seed suppliers and can get any custom blends we want.