1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where do you buy spark plugs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Jan 28, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Curious to know where everyone buys their spark plugs. Do you buy them at your dealers or wally world? Do you have a brand preference? You can purchase any NGK spark plug and plug wire sets thru Amsoil. For reference I am including the commercial price list, which all of you are eligible for. Any ?????'s, just ask.

Attached Files:

2. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I buy Delco plugs at the local Napa.
  3. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

I hope your commercial pricing is about 25% above parts store retail pricing... We purchase our NGK Plugs from Advance Auto Parts and the Full Retail pricing is about 25% LESS THAN your Commercial Price ?????:hammerhead: Therefore we will still be :walking: on over to Advance Auto Parts.
  4. AmsoilPower

This is why I am asking. Maybe its a bargin for some, I don't know. I have bought all my plugs for the last 10 years at the dealership I work at. I have not "shopped" plugs for that long. Just showin' what I have to go with. If it can be beat, it is what it is.

Mainly just showin' everyone the option is there if someone had a commercial account.
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I buy my spark plugs at the same place I buy all my other maintenance products, at The Tool Shack. They are my dealer for everything else, so I might as well get plugs from them too. And they are priced the same or lower than any where else. Not to mention that it is just easier to get everything at one place. They keep a record of the part numbers that I personally need for dang near everything.
  6. AmsoilPower

What is this Tool Shack I have heard about on LS. Are they an equipment dealer or just a parts store? Website address?
  7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

spark plugs?...diesels dont use them...haha
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

They are an equipment dealer here locally. They carry a BUNCH of "stuff".
    I am not sure if they have a site, as I just deal with them locally. I do, however, know they do business across the country (somehow, but I never asked) If you want their contact info, PM me (not sure if the mods would approve of posting contact info on the board).
  9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Why dont you get a site created with all of your stuff on it and pricing and since you are a sponsor bookmark yourself on the header of the site instead of trying to solicit your products They are good quality but it seems like you are going a little in the wrong direction with this thats just my 2c
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Advance Auto Parts, autolite APP5224
    (watch out that's a double platinum, run you about $3-4 each)

But you can get the Autolite 5224 for just over a dollar, it's the same thing as the Champion RJ-12YC, or the NGK BPR5S.
    Any of those fit all Kohler 15hp's, the 10hp briggs, the 25hp Kawasaki, the 4-5hp Honda, the 1988 Dodge 318cid and the 95 Dodge 360cid Magnum, and many other engines either use or can use this plug.
    Yes sir, it's almost a one size fits all, you need to do some checking to make SURE but it really fits more than a few engines.
    It is, in 6 years, the closest thing to a universal plug I have found.

I believe for hand helds you can use the autolite 2974 for some (but it's not nearly as universal as the above), if you want the high performance plug that would be autolite XST2974DPN but there's a far wider range of plugs with these...