1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where do you dump Grass, Leaves, Brush etc???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deere615, Apr 12, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

For those of you who bag grass/leaves and trim hedges/do cleanups, where do you dump it all at? I bag almost all of my lawns because most of my customers want it and it looks nicer.

I have a small hillside at my house where I would dump stuff last year, but my 2 nieghbors dug/are going to be digging out here parts so there will be alot less room to dump this year(They never had a problem with me dumping there).

I have been looking for a nice local piece of property to have a shop and a place to dump. Just wondering where you guys dump at?:waving:
  2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I dump in the grass dumpsters scattered throughout my area.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

behind the store that is closed.........
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Thankfully, I am blessed have the property that I can maintain a mulch and brush pile (down in te pasture). I burn once every year or two. I also let a few other lco's I know dump down there to help them out. It can really be a help to them - especially when they are close. I was just out there yesterday dumping, and realized, this thing hasn't been burned in a few years, and is now about 75 ft. across. I have GOT to get a permit and get this thing taken care of!:rolleyes:
  5. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

We have a place here in town that lets you dump grass,leafs,limbs,dirt anything that the can grind up for 10 dollars a trailer load. I love that place.

6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

in the lot behind the goat barn. goats love grass clippings and hedge trimmings.
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I might have to buy a goat or 2 :laugh:
    When my uncle was in the lawn business, thats what he used to do, but I coulgn't do that where I live.
  8. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

My father in law has 30 acres. Mine goes there and is burned twice a year.
  9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

here we have dump sites that charge by the ton
  10. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Lucky guys! If I have a small enough load, I dump it in the field behind my house. Otherwise, it's around $30 to take it to the landscape dump, which can be a real pain, as it's not exactly close by.