where do YOU dump?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NEPSJay, Apr 23, 2006.

1. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

Not to start another mulch vs. bagging debate, but for those who do wind up with debris in ur rig at the end of the day, where do you dump it, and, how much is it costing u?

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Theres a place not far from my shop that take yard waste...its free to dump just can't dump dirt.

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

if Im in a hurry, I dump it in an area in my back lot. We take it to the landfill, at $36.00 a ton, it gets expensive in a hurry. If Im going to bag, I try to get my customers on the day BEFORE trash pickup and leave the bags at the curb. we really aren't supposed to do that, because the city wants to rake in all the money they can from dump fees for yard waste which they turn into mulch and re-sell.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Free--scrape off top soil dig hole and fill with debri, then sell the the clay that was dug out for island beds topped off with the topsoil I scraped off. So I make money 3 differnt ways on disposing of debri that will eventually rot away. I have got to try composting

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

at night, in the dark. free

6. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

My father in law has 30 acres about 15 mins from me. I dump on the back of property during fall.

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

it would cost me $6 a yard to dump around here, but i find places i can dump for free...

8. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Where would that be?

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Free at the city dump. Only open Wednesdays and Saturdays though.

10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

At osbourne nursery:rolleyes:..