Where do you find new Props to bid on

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnsbyrj, Dec 5, 2005.

1. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

what is your resource call them, send letters, email, websites. I am finding it hard just to find out about those commerical bids and I need to add more to my buisness. lets here it

2. lawnsbyrj

ok let me adjust what I am asking. Is there such a Service that handles large amounts of bids for properties, ie a website or are most commercial accounts knowing or meeting the right person at the right time, i hope no one thinks I want to jump in their honey hole of accounts.

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

When driving to properties, I look at commercials and if the trimming is substandard, or the mowing lines are crooked, and or anything else stands out as a substandard job, I will call the company and ask for the person in charge of hiring lawn maintainance. When I talk to them I basically ask them if they are happy with the job being done, and or are they taking bids for next year. Then when I send info and or a bid I submit pics of commercials we do.

4. lawnsbyrj

good thought I need to figure out my wifes digital camera. hahah
    thanks

5. tuscanvalleylandscaping

tuscanvalleylandscaping LawnSite Member

I joined the local chamber of commerce it has seem to work pretty well

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our experts. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi lawnsbyrj,

Can you visit the local offices in your area and ask them who you would contact to make a bid on the maintenance?
    <table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

7. lawnsbyrj

I am somewhat leary of "cold Callling" on a buisness because I am never the cleanest when I am out, and with my wife in sales I have found the few I have it is better to go with letters (like a resume) of intrest. but I should at least try that too. I assume

8. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

How do you handle nonrequested mail that comes to you? Imagine the pile at a business of any size. At best, your mailer gets 3 seconds or less in the hands of a non decision maker at a business. Stop and talk. Get a name that you can attach to a mailer. THEN you can make your pitch. Don't feel strong at chatting up a receptionist? Let your wife do it then or hire someone to be strong where you are weak. It doesn't need to be a one call close, but you'll get slaughtered on the commercial side if you never get the message to the decision maker and get some sort of face to face at some point.

9. mowforyourmoney

mowforyourmoney LawnSite Member
    from kc

i've heard people talking about being a part of a chamber of commerce what exactly is that and what do they do for you
    plz excuse my stupidity i'm new at this