Where do you find RANSOMES parts????

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by greennn, Jun 8, 2008.

1. greennn

greennn LawnSite Member

I have a Ransomes jaguar 4000 w/ a 26 hp kubota diesel engine. It is a great mower but I need a few parts.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET RANSOMES PARTS??

help soon would be very appreciated.

Thanks! :usflag:

2. greennn

greennn LawnSite Member

bump bump bump

3. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

Have you tried J-Thomas distributors? if you google it, it should come up. I think they might have parts for that mower.

4. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

talk to your local bobcat dealership. i'm not 100% sure what is what, but ranscomes and bobcat (mowers) are or were the same at one point. dunno about the part numbers between the two brands, etc. but it's a try..

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, Bobcat/Bunton dealers should be able to help you with some things.

There are probably seperate model tags on the tractor and deck so if you need a part for the deck you may need to find the tag on it.

6. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

7. bobinrv

bobinrv LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have a Jaguar 4000 and am having the same problem. Its a great mower but I need a new or rebuilt PTO gearbox and pulley assembly or its useless. The engine has 1,970 hours and runs great and does not smoke.

Bob Hudson
    571 241 9651

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Some of it can still be gotten through CGC. But yah you are right some of it is going to have to come from Jacobsen if at all.

9. bobinrv

bobinrv LawnSite Member
    from NC

There is a Jacobsen dealer in Winston Salem, NC that has parts for Ransomes, probably other Jacobsen dealers do as well. I need a cutter gear box and pulley assembly for my 5' deck. One place gave me a price of $1560 for the gearbox and Jacobsen quoted $3695 for the same part. When I quoted them the lower price I'd gotten first, Jacobsen came down to $1365. So, my Ransomes Jaguar 4000 w/23 HP Diesel engine w/1970 hours and everything working except the cutter box and pulley is for sale to highest bidder at bobinrv@gmail.com or call me at 571 241 9651. The tractor is located in High Point, NC.