where do you get an hours meter for your walkbehind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Apr 23, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

I've looked about everywhere and can't seem to round one up. where do you all get yours? how much? i appreciate all responses.

lawnwizards.

2. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

I have one on my bob cat wb and it is a tiny tach it is digital and tells the rpms and the hours. I have seen that different engine companys make them so maybe your dealer can order you one. Hope this helps, Mark

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

apluslawn,

i have a bobcat too. did your dealer order yours and how much did it cost.

thanks.

4. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

I think It was around 30 bucks and I think he keeps them in stock because so many people request them. but all you have to do is hook it up to the spark plug wire ground it and your ready to go. I put mine on right when I got the machine brand new and it works great. hope this helps, mark

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I get the Tiny Tach's from my dealer. Tiny Tach makes them and puts other names on them often. It may say Briggs, Kohler or Honda.

6. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If your dealer doesn't have them or they cost more than 40 bucks you can get them here:

http://www.tinytach.com/origigas.html

You would most likely need model number TT226NR-2C. It works on about 99% of the engines made today including single and twin cylinder 4 stroke engines as well as 2 stroke engines.

If you dealer only has the Sendec brand of hourmeter I recommend that you avoid it unless you can hide the meter out of direct sunlight. The LCD display bleaches out real quick on Sendecs. Been there, wasted that money.

8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I happened to buy my Tiny Tach @ Cabelas. (Was ordering a RWS model 48 .22 cal. at the time, anyways........save on shipping when I can) Think it was 39.95.