Where do you get your shirts printed?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering ... where do most of you guys who have t-shirts for you and your employees get them printed? Do you have a local shop do them ... order them online from someone who offers screen printing? And about how much do you pay?

Also ... feel free to describe what your shirts say, and what color you like best. I am planning on keeping mine pretty simple ... may a smaller name or logo on the left front, and maybe something a little bigger on the back.

What a better place to get info and ideas then from the people who work in this field for a living, and as a business owner. As someone who has been part-time for a while, '07 will be my first year as a full timer. I believe in image ... and this, in my opinion makes for a better, professional image.

:weightlifter:

2. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

The shirts aren't as crisp as I would like them, butI don't think a customer would ever judge them as second rate. I choose them because I could go full color at a reasonable rate in small quantities.

I ordered 10 tshirts some long some short, and 2 sweatshirts and the total was about $220. A local shop qoted me $400 in set up fees alone! then a per shirt charge of 15.00. I love to shop locally, but I cna't afford local printing.

Front: small logo on breast

Back large logo with company name, Phone number, slogan and web site.
    pc

3. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

the place im ordering from is www.shirtmagic.com

They seem affordable, 10 short sleeve shirts with 4 lines on the back in one color is $8 a shirt. it gets cheaper the more you order. the cool part is you can design the shirt on thier site so you know what it will look like before it gets printed.

4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I get mine local. I have the good T-Shirt Material Collared shirts with my Logo Enbrodiered on the front for about $14 per shirt and I am getting 24 T-Shirts for $8.50 a shirt. Logo on left chest and Large Logo on the back. No set-up fee and no screen printing fee. Even have mixed up the sizes.

I found (and this may not be for everyone) that working with my local guy is cheaper in the long run for the products and services that I get because I do not have to deal with shipping costs and I can call him and get a small quanity at the same price as the larger quanity after the initial order is done.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Local, fully embroidered hats $5, gold shirts $25.00 Tshirts $9, Hoodies $26. Pretty good quality, ill post up some pictures later this afternoon.

Cheers
    Jeff

6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Great ... thanks! Pictures would be great!

:weightlifter:

7. coolbreeze

coolbreeze LawnSite Member

aramark.com, i normally get mine when they are on sale.

8. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have found that purchasing the clothing myself and taking it to the shop is the cheapest for me.
    I purchase the polo's for $8.00 and Sweatshirts for $9.00 at walmart and then take them to the embroidery shop and have them embroidered for $4.00 per piece.
    Doing it this way allows me to see the shirts quality and size rather than ordering from a catalog. The quality is good for the price is decent seeing they get trashed pretty quickly.

9. coolbreeze

coolbreeze LawnSite Member

ii thought about doing this, but they still wanted to charge me just as much. i should also add that for my next set, i will be using someone local who is less than one mile from me.

10. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

I have not ordered from them yet but my friend uses http://www.queensboro.com/new/
    exclusively & i can attest to the quality. No setup fees for most logos, free embroidery with shirt purchase & free shipping over $99. I think they send you an emboidered sample if you order larger quantities too but i'm not sure.
    as soon as i finish my logo design i am ordering for 2007 season.
    hope this helps.