1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

where do you go for lunch???

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Brothers_Landscaping, Apr 13, 2009.

Where do you go for lunch???

1. Subway, quizno's, and such

2. McCdonalds, Burgerking, Wendeys and such

3. Pizzahut, Ledos and such

4. All you can eat buffets

5. Others, please comment and tell

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked other because 99% of the time, I try to stick to small mom and pop diners if I can so that the money is being funneled into the small businesses here in my town.

Not saying that I will not stop and eat a Quarter Pounder or a Black Angus sub from Quiznos, I just try to eat local as much as possible.
  2. Brothers_Landscaping

Brothers_Landscaping LawnSite Member

i respect that, I'm gonna start doing that too, because it may cost a little more then lunch from home, but it's supporting small businesses like us, i think this could be very helpful to everyone
  3. Triplex

Triplex LawnSite Member

Lots of areas have good local sandwich options that Subway and the chains don't have - cheesesteaks in my area, BBQ pork sandwiches down south, etc. I'd hate to see all the cheesesteak places get replaced with Subways.
  4. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

But where can you get a cheesesteak with 4 grams of fat!!!!!!!! But im sure they sure taste alot better.
  5. Triplex

Triplex LawnSite Member

Wait till they try to market a BBQ brisket sandwich with 4 grams of fat - they'll be run out of Texas by an angry mob!
  6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a Chinese restaraunt on every corner, I usaully get the lunch special for $4 which is an entrée rice and a bottle of water.

Maybe every other week I will hit chipotle.

Of course subway a couple times a week. Fast food is disgusting after working outside..
  7. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I really try not to eat when the heat of sumer gets here. Usually a yogurt and a banana. Every now and again we hit the Hooters but thats on slow days. The longer we sit there the beer starts looking too good!
  8. reveti

reveti LawnSite Member

eat at home, if too far away it's subway or a local place, no fast food for me, that crap will kill you
  9. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

so will that mower trimmer and gas can we all play with
  10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm all about dollar menus...