1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

where do you go for lunch???

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Brothers_Landscaping, Apr 13, 2009.

Where do you go for lunch???

1. Subway, quizno's, and such

2. McCdonalds, Burgerking, Wendeys and such

3. Pizzahut, Ledos and such

4. All you can eat buffets

5. Others, please comment and tell

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Carl's JR... which I think is called Hardees back east, almost every day. I burn a lot of calories working, and I put some back in at lunch. The Carls out here have a Green Burrito in them too, which is like a Mexican menu.

I usually either get a $6 burger, (sometimes the $6 guacamole/bacon burger), or fish tacos. I try to shoot for 1,200-1,500 calories.
  2. analogdog

analogdog LawnSite Member

Lunch? I'm up by 8 and usually eat at 8 or 9pm when I'm done for the day. But thats just me
  3. scagmower

scagmower LawnSite Senior Member

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I park with all the other lawn guys at the nearest Quik Trip convenience store parking lot and wolf down a sammich and a pepsi in about 5 minutes....then its off to mow I go...
  5. GrassesGuy

GrassesGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I use to eat those burritos from Walmart but after I started dropping my a** :cry: I started bring something light like an apple or granola bars. When it gets hot I don't eat much and then when I get home I stuff my face. I try to eat a big breakfast also. I can't tell you how many times I had to stop at one of my vacant properties to drop a deuce in the bushes because their was no way I was going to make it to the gas station. Watch out for those nosy neighbors.
  6. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

Grasses, TMI my friend, TMI...
    I'm a fan of the local haunts. A good friend of mine owns a diner, but his tag line is "If you want to eat healthy, GO HOME" So I don't eat there too much, now that I'm trying to loose some poundage.
    Yay crunchy pb&j and fruit snacks!!!

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i stop home to eat and fill up my water bottles
  8. thegreenreaper

thegreenreaper LawnSite Member

usually eat at subway, but mostly where i can watch my trailer sense it is a open one.
  9. jbird3898

jbird3898 LawnSite Member

i go out to eat everyday the last 5 years i have been buying lunch for all my workers. this is the 1st year i dont buy everyday but atleast once a week.
  10. hvphotog

hvphotog LawnSite Senior Member

Try to hit subway when i can if there is one around and i didnt bring something...