Where do you go for quick Truck Service? (oil, trans fluid, plugs,ect)

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ATL Lawn, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you go for quick Truck Service? (oil, trans fluid, plugs,ect) ?

im tired of waiting all day at the damn dealers on my 03 Ddoge Ram 1500.

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Straight into my garage!:dancing: No matter where you go you are going to have to drop it off. I thought the quick and easy way to get the tires balanced and rotated on my Durango would to be go to the dealer. They said 20 minutes so I waited. 3 hours later they were done!!!!!:nono:

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll give you a little tip to getting your services done quicker at the dealer.
    1st, call to make an appointment, when you have the advisor on the phone, ask what time do the guys get wound up in the morning ( we started at 7:30 but usually took until about 8 before we had everything ready to go) request an 8 am appointment It is the best time to get in and out, if you cant get that ask what time is breaks and lunch, advisors are notorious for setting up the quick serves at break and lunch times, this creates attituids and techs will take a longer than normal break to piss you off so you ***** at the advisors and then when they come to ***** at the tech he will tell them for about the millionth time that they shouldn't set up QSs at break time. believe me 10 years of the same ole **** day in and day out, the advisors work against the techs all the way, everyday.
    or get to know a good experianced tech at the dealership, ask him for his extension number, call a few days in advance of when you want to go in, let him know what you have in mind, he will say how long it should take, and what time would be best, then call the advisors, set the appointment time and request that tech.
    request is the best possible way to get consistantly good and faster service.
    Be sure to request him for all your work. it will piss a guy off in a hurry if you request him for warrenty work and not the customer pay services.

Oop's sorry for the missed edits.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I go straight to my back yard.

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

They have LubeExpress's around here. Drive in, drive out. No appointment needed. They also do plugs, but i would rather go to an auto shop to get that done.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

We have several quick lubes around me. For most jobs though, I do them myself.