1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

where do you guys buy your blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Sep 18, 2006.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys
    where can i get decent quality blades cheap? Lesco gets me for about $50 a set with taxes . . . I've seen mowparts mentioned here but if some of you long-timers could chime in . . . i know one guy who doesn't sharpen his . . . he says you can only get one sharpening out of them anyway so he uses them and tosses them . . . i sharpen mine using a 7 inch angle grinder. I keep them until the fins show too much wear. this is two or three sharpenings tops(we have lots of sand here). If I could find some cheap enough though i might agree with my friend and just discard them.

looking for low cost mail order blades
  2. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

crap I messed up my message

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont know what kinda of blades he throws away but why dont you just take his. thats just stupid. i paid like $6 - $7 a blade at waco landascape supply now its called landscaper pro now . what kinda of mowers do u have ?
  4. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

Just received two sets of high lift blades from mowpart.com for a good price. They have a lot of good stuff and the blades I have work great. You may be able to find some good deals on ebay, but mowpart is easy to do business with.
  5. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 2004 60" Lesco Ztwo and a 1994 48" Cub commercial W/B with a stamped deck
  6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy from my local dealer, support the local guy.
  7. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

:confused: what do you do when you don't have a local guy? your local guy is an hour one way no matter which direction you go.
  8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you do not have a local supplier, I do not think you can go wrong with this company

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I buy exclusivley from our Dealer...he deserves to make a living too.
  10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

WTF is he talking about. I run mine till the ends round off.
    I sharpen daily, zip, zap, bal. and mow. worth every second of my time to keep that edge. blade life is excellent. I would go broke in no time with throw away blades.
    What a nut case.