Where Do You Keep Stuff In The Winter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLARKE, Nov 14, 2001.

CLARKE LawnSite Member

My two choppers and all the rest of my lawn care spend the
    winter in a barn with three 18 wheelers dumps and in trade
    i give the guy free roundup around all his barns about two 4 (gal)tanks and free weed &feed for his 2 apt's that i mow about 6 bags and maybe 2 ex mows if we get a lot of rain.The car gets our garage and the truck stays outside. :angel:
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm lucky. I keep it on the trailer. Put a tarp over if needed, but I get to use my mowers and blowers almost all year.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My 2 stroke equiptment get winterized and hung on the wall of my shop. My mowers get a major maintenance but they are not winterized. I start them up about every two weeks and they are run around the block a few times and then put back in the shop.
  4. Jay ALC

Jay ALC LawnSite Member

As 65Hoss said, I am lucky as well. I simply clean all the mowers, equipment, and trailer then do any maintenance necessary. After maintenance I back the trailer into the back corner of my shop and there it sits ready to go till spring time comes around again. Then my snow equipment sits towards the front of the shop so it is easy to get at... I simply reverse the roles during summer. Snow equip. goes behind mowing and other equip.
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Until recently I was fortunate enough to have the use of my parents barn. Now I have arranged to exchange mowing services with a local storage facility in exchange for the use of a 10x20 stall. I will have to do all my blade sharpening at home, but have plenty of room there for scraping decks at the end of the day, and space for working on equipment if need be.

I plan this winter on fabricating some equipment racks that I can hang from the rafters down the sides of the walls so that if I need the trailer without the equipment I wont have to keep putting handheld pieces on and off the trailer.

Have a staright shot for backing up and plenty of room for storeing my trailer inside at night here also. The company truck will have to go home but thats okay cause the drive is long enough by the side of the house to keep it off the street and hidden from view in the new neighborhood. ;)

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i winterize all my equipment and put it inside a heated garage for the winter. the trailer has to stay outside though:(
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys u mentioned hanging ur equip in garage, is it ok to hang weedwackers up with head facing up?
  8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Thats how I have stored mine for the past several years. ;)
  9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

In a nice warm heated shop.

This happens to be an industrial supply warehouse.

My wife works there and the owner lets me use a corner.
  10. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our mowing equipment stays in our heated retail facilty and our sanders, snowblowers and loaders stay under a car port along with all of our plow bades for the sun really hates those hydro fitting's on the plow rams!