1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where do you keep your equipment??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering where everyone keeps all of there equipment. I built a shed on some of my father's land. He has 20+ acres, so it comes in handy, for dumping grass and storage. Too bad I can't live there too!!
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I keep my equipment in here:

In off season I keep my aerator in my barn.
  3. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

Thats a nice rig!Is your truck painted to match it?FYI,i used the same set up,except with a 12ft. trailer.It was a shop on wheels.
  4. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

All my equipment is kept in the garage. My main trailer is kept in the backyard and the other trailer is stored in the pasture at a friend's ranch. The garage is stuffed. I can't put anything else in it.
  5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats that trailer weigh empty?
  6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I keep my stuff a couple different places, I have a 12x16 shed at my gradmas house with electic and everything, it's set up as a shop, i keep some stuff in there, some stuff behind the shed and my trailer is at my dads shop(he's a builder) so he has a big garage and stuff where alot off other companies park so i keep my trailer in his yard. i have way to much stuff to keep in a trailer, But i usually leave my mowin stuff on the trailer.
  7. Guest

We keep all of our equipment, trucks and trailers inside our 5,000 sq. ft. shop. We got the shop 3 years ago and hope we never have to move out. We worked out a deal with the landlord, we take care of all the grounds around the entire complex and another one that he owns and he give us a few hundred off the rent. It is a lot of money a month but is well worth being able to have every thing I own under a roof with a fence around it.
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We keep our equipment and trailer in a storage unit which we rent each month. The place is only a few minutes from our home, and it is very convenient to load up each morning.

I would not want to have to keep our stuff at home. Especially having to park the trailer. I think that it would junk up the street, and i don't think the neighbors would appreciate looking at either.

9. dhicks

dhicks Member

My equipment is stored in a double car garage at my crib. There are motion detectors and other anti-theft gizmos. Plus an attack Yorkie, just kidding --A.L.F.

10. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

My gear is tucked neatly inside a 100' x 190' wharehouse. Of course, it is not full of only my stuff. I back the grass truck, with trailer still attached inside every night. I don't even have to unhich the trailer. I use my company pickup to commute to and from the shop.