1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where do you keep your trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victo, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Victo

Victo LawnSite Member

I am moving in to a D-restriction neighborhood next month and I am not sure if I can park my trailer at my drive-way. Anybody live in D-restriction neighborhood? If yes, where do you park your trailer? Is anybody here have rented the self-storage unit to park the trailer?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have an equipment yard, but was curious as to the term "D-restriction"...what is it?
  3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

usaully, when someone is speaking of rstrictions not in there favor, it's preceeded by the word "DAMN".. there as an example, "that Damn restriction ruining my routine.." hope this helps.
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure if my hood is "D" restricted or not, but I park mine in my driveway.
  5. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I park mine in the garage. When me and my wife first started looking for a home to purchase I always looked over the covenants and restrictions to see if they allowed home based business'. If they do you have to keep your equipment inside and no trucks over 1/2 ton are allowed, or any trucks with signage on them.
  6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

our property is based a little ways off the road, which makes it easier to keep the trailer in a small clearing which we have. but then again, its only a 4x8, so smaller than most trailers than some guys here are talking about. i would way you could keep it on the side or inside your garage?
  7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I live in a deed restriction neighbor hood as well. This year I was able to get storage at a place 5 minutes from my house. Its a 10x40 unit. In exchange for storage I am mowing and trimming once a week for them. I get the storage the entire year though.
  8. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I keep mine in the garage loaded and ready to go. That way in the morning I just hook it up a im off. Big time saver.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i keep mine at warehouse 30 sec from my house and then i go and get it evey morning and load up at my house.the guy only charges me $25 a month . i paid him for the whole year .
  10. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

My wife's grandfather has a farm 2 miles away and I keep it there.