Where do you prefer to get tools/equipment?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by brentwood, Dec 1, 2010.

1. brentwood

brentwood LawnSite Member

I'm doing some research for a potential new product. I was curious where everyone prefers to buy their horticulural tools and equipment. Pruners, hand tools, safety, etc.
    From my experience with Design/Build/Maint Companies, AM Leonard has always been the best and most trusted source for just about everything. Would you guys agree?
    What other sources do you use?
    Thanks for your help.

2. zapy

zapy LawnSite Member

My local guy can get me just about anything. He's an Echo dealer along with various other brands of equipment.

3. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Youngstown, Ohio

I have bought quite a bit from AMLeo. They have really good tools, but expensive, especially if you lose them. I bought the really hd shovels a couple years ago, but they seem to break just as easily. Now, I buy spades and rakes from Rigid/Home Depot because they are warranteed for life. I still buy from AML, though.

4. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

5. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

Rigid makes good rakes i believe, but a shovels a shovel usualy get them at rummage sales or walmart.

6. chris@perfectlawncare

chris@perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

My neighbor's company gets free shipping from Grainger, so I usually order my stuff from there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

I like craftsman shovels, hoes, pruners, ect. When I break one I just take it back and they replace it, no hassles.

8. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, I have started going that route after a buddy of mine here on lawnsite took me to sears one day. The initial price is a little higher, but generally you are getting decent quaility stuff and like you said, if you have a problem even 20 years later you walk back in the store without a receipt and exchange it no questions asked.

Wal-mart is generally a good place too for price - sometimes you can get the best of both worlds and get decent quality stuff at good prices. But nobody stands behind there stuff and has been in business as long as Sears/Crapsman

9. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my telescoping pruning stick! and I can loosen and slide the blade down out of the way so I rarely have to remove it. use some thread lock on the blade wing nut tho or it will loosen and fall off.

10. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Most of the time Home Depot.But sometimes menards,or sears.