Where Do You Put Flyers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Jul 7, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Im trying to think of some good places to leave flyers. Door to door is painfull cause its so hit and miss and miss and miss and miss... you get the idea. Plus, around here people just dont want you there. I left some on the book racks in a real estate lobby. Also some with people around town that I know but that was a waste of paper, those people are just taking them to promote there own business and get the credit. I love to hear, "I can get you more business than you know what to do with". I was actually stupid enough to get my hopes up on that once. :hammerhead: Now I have trouble trying not to laugh when I hear it. Okay, Im done bich'n, just had to throw a rant in there.

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

usually where they will be noticed...

3. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i shop at sams club alot and they have like a cork board by the exit doors and i always pin up 4 or 5 business cards on that, and when i get gas there, i leave a business card above the slot where the gas handle is..couple ideas, i pretty much leave business cards around and not fliers.

4. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

we put them in the customers paper box last year,problem was sometimes there would be 1 house with and 12 without. next year we will be using door hangers and flyer's. sometimes you have to go get your customers.

5. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Put them in the newspaper part of the mail box. Not the part where mail is delivered because you can be arrested for that.

6. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

noo not arrested. just a $300 fine, and 41 cents per flyer. lol i learned the hard way

7. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Funny

I put some up at the local grocery store and the banks - worked o.k. - not great.

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

well, what did work great? Im thinking maybe having one of those little planes fly around with a banner behind it.

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I put them on doors not in the mail boxes..not good to do..

10. brianhanson37

brianhanson37 LawnSite Member

Are you saying the door hanging is not good or the mailboxes?