Where do you put your flyers

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Mar 14, 2010.

?

Where do you put flyers in this situation

1. Put them at the front door

41 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. Put them at the mailbox

19 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Both

10 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. jblatti13

jblatti13 LawnSite Member

many of you guys may have done the mailbox thing and gotten away with it, but take it from me personally...

delivering fliers for my uncles fert. company, put over 500 on mailboxes, not in, but between flag and box. he got a $385 fine.

second time, my business fliers, put them on mailboxes in a different town, different post office and all that, the post lady picked up everyone of them, didnt turn them in, but called me personally and said dont do this crap anymore.

theres your living proof. it is illegal, cops dont have anything to do with the mail. just dont it, not worth a fine.

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=9774

An old post on the topic. There is some misinformation in it but also some stories from others who have been caught. The misinformation is that the outside and post are ok..they are not.

3. NorthTXlawnguy

NorthTXlawnguy LawnSite Member

Darryl, I like your research and have done it myself. Many years ago when I was young and didn't know better or do my research I did the mailbox thing and got a call and warning from the postmaster and have played by the book ever since.
    Something else to consider is the Post Office is in dire straights like many cities/towns so fines are being handed out left and right....
    5 over used to be a normal thing while driving and rarely pulled over and then just a warning. Now it is a ticket and FINE. just my .02

4. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Darryl is right on this one. I've known ever since I was a little kid it was illegal to mess with other peoples mailbox. It is illegal to put anything on the mailbox or the pole.

Ryan, if I were you I would go with doorhangers. PM if you would like a good deal on some.

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I am doing rubberband flyers on doors, I need to save my money since I am getting a bobcat 32 (most likely) this weekend

6. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

well I put about 200 flyers out in a subdivsion one day.I was wondering a week or so later why I had not got a call from anyone in there cause there is alot of maintenance that goes on it that place.I get a letter in the mail from the post master with a bill for $110.Luckily one of my customers works with him.He talked to him and the post master dropped it.The economy is rough and USPS is starting to pick up flyers in my area left and right

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

A 32 inch Bobcat walk behind mower? You replacing something or is this an addition to your fleet?

8. mowerdude777

A bit of both I am ditching the ferris as a reg mower it is now a spare. I will just keep it in my grage for if I ever need it. But it is also an addition:)

9. Cross Cut

Cross Cut LawnSite Member
    from SE Mi

Make sure the subdivisions do not have associations. Btw, I was walking out to the mailbox to meet my letter carrier. As I removed a flyer my the carrier promptly said they would call and give a warning.

10. mowerdude777

One does one does not. Oh I have seen your rig in traffic before crosscut.