Where do you put your H wire signs?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Jun 9, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I just ordered 50 H wire signs. I ordered 50 because I know people will steal them/take them down alot.
    Any of you have any tips as to where you put them that people dont take them down? I was thinking of going around with a ladder and nailing them about 10-12ft high. Any thoughts?

2. stevenf

Anyone got any inputs?

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It doesn't matter where you put them, they will get taken down in no time. But that is just par for the course. I put them out on Friday evenings so, hopefully, they won't get taken down over the weekend. Code enforcement doesn't work weekends. So that is one less person that looks for them to take down. Put them in high traffic areas.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you better check the laws in your town where ya wanna put them out.

Personaly there are many other ways to advertise, that wont get ya a fine or wind ya up in Jail

5. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

it is illegal to put them on phone poles.

6. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I don't know what parish your in...but...in St. Tammany it's against the law here.
    Parish ordinance....found out the parish will send a fine.

7. stevenf

Against the law do put them high up on trees or put them on the side of the road? Here, there are signs ALL OVER THE PLACE!

8. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

I landed several accounts off of signs. Best place to put them: rural areas, high up on trees and telephone poles work well, most people dont carry a ladder so the only thing that will take them down is the wind. I recovered most of mine. I think you will find the most likely person to pull them will be your competition, I had a guy call me and tell me he was pullin them? Wish I woulda found him=a$$ kickin. Friday works well, code enforcers wont pull them until monday. You gotta look at them as a temporary advert, just like newspaper ad.

9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ghey and lame.

10. HAHAHAHAHA!

Spoken like a true outsider...

Cuz NO ONE in this industry would think it was 'ghey' (wtf by the way) OR lame... Or at least no one successful anyway.

The only better return on your investment than signs in almost ALL markets is door to door - and only cuz it doesn't cost you squat.

Anyway.. Put them up wherever.. Most places and cities will give you a warning first. You're not targeting the people who think it's 'ghey' or lame - you're targeting the people who need your service.