1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

where do you read posts from

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by mr mow, Apr 24, 2006.

1. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

moderaters please leave this one alone. just wonder where most of the people on this site read posts from. i put a post under "just starting in the biz" then i figure out only 20 peeps are viewing so i change it up a bit and put it under commercial lawn and it gets sent back to new in the biz. i post it on commercial lawn cause 200 and some people are viewing and im looking for an answer in the next couple of days if not immediatly. i personnally always check new posting. but i do tend to go to commercial lawn and i find something im intrested in but never see it under new posting. whats up just leave it where i post it!....please. anybody feel my pain or am i not getting something. i bet alot more newbies including myself would get a better return rate on their posts if uncle werent moving them around. am i just being a sally or whats up can someone please explain:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

there are different sections for a reason.. all the people in the just starting in business section are there for you. most likely, if you post your question in the commercial mowing section it will get ignored. kinda like this thread..
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

It is really more important where we read the posts from if you are trying to get response, not where you post them. I always read from new posts so I see whatever is coming across not just in one forum.
  4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

i feel your pain, brother. I posted a question in comm lawn care, about overhead, no different then 800 other questions in the same forum, and somehow it wound up in buisness management. Care to elaborate, JODI??
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It's all just about organization, that's why there are different forums. If there weren't different forums, then everything would be posted in the commercial mowing forum and it would become one BIG JUMBLED MESS.
    Everyone thinks, "oh I need to post this in the commercial mowing section so i will get answers." That's just not the case. If I have a retaining wall question, you can bet I am going to post my question in the hardscaping forum, because those ARE the guys that I am going to want to answer my question.
    Utillize this great site all that you can, it's a great resource, but one of the things that must be done is keeping these threads in the appropriate forums.
    Such as this one, it's a support question. :)
  6. mr mow

thats what i do to, but its a numbers game i can reach a wider audience posting where there are more viewers than i can with less so my return rate should be higher thats why i post where i do. like advertising. i just dont like big brother interfering. but like i said before i always watch the new postings and i dont like to go back 5 pages on another section just to find something i might want to read, just wondering which posts everyone else reads? maybe this should have been a poll. or maybe it should have been posted on "off the topic"
  7. mr mow

on paper it a good idea but it only flies cause of the moderaters. trust me i understand! Im not tring to knock the site or the moderaters im just get frusterated, and cant even spell sometimes.
  8. mr mow

oh thats so funny! you did your job anyways! keep up the good work guys! now im in "suggestion for the forum" cat. never been in this section before! guess im movin on up:> lol