Where Do You Work?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I ask how in the world you will be able to keep up with that with school and everything? Also, do you have plans to add more commercial equipment if you get that much? A ztr or stand-on would be much needed!

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in school and working pretty much every free second i get. Except its pretty slow this time of year. I can't wait for things to pick up.
    I have kicked around the idea of getting a 48 or 52 stander. But at the same time I want a 48 or 52 ztr. Can't really decide. I would like to take on alot more hedge trimming jobs and pick up an HS45 or something of the like.

3. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I went ztr I would probably go 60" if I were you. Even on small lawns you could finish the mowing so fast. Then on the really small lawns keep the 36" for those. But if you go stander I would go 48" or 52". There is good money to be made in hedge trimming so thats a good plan. How many more years of school do you have left?

4. jon green planet

jon green planet LawnSite Member

you got your office looking good man... congrats! anyways what's that on the wall is it a dartboard? ...

5. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

I really need to set up an office for myself...the tiny computer desk with 3 foot high stacks of paper on the floor isnt really cutting it anymore haha

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a junior right now and I'm graduating early next year. So I plan to get my client base built up really good over the summer and I'll only have to deal with the high work load for the first semester of next year so I should be able to handle it. I would love to get alot of hedge trimming.
    Thanks, haha yeah that's my dart board.
    Haha my desk still gets that way.

7. grass guys

grass guys LawnSite Member

Good Lookin office...:clapping::clapping: With those colors I bet you rarely fall asleep in there...haha

8. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

I freaking hate trimming hedges..... i would much rather cut and trim a lawn than trim a hedge.
    I have an HS45, and i don't know what your hedges look like there but i wouldn't make this my main trimmer if i had to do it again. I'd be getting the kombi system with the multi angle hedge trimmer attachment. the less time spent on a ladder the better, and there still short enough you can do sides or smaller shrubs

9. John Deere Mann

John Deere Mann LawnSite Member

The office of Daddy Joe's Lawn service

001.jpg

10. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

The HS45 is a good hedge trimmer for small to medium sized shrubs. I have the kombi system with the articulating hedge trimmer and I have an extension for really big jobs. I hate ladders and try to stay off them as much as possible. If you do a lot of hedge trimming both units are nice to have but it cost alot of $

Austin, do you plan working your business after high school or are you thinking of college.