Where does everyone dump?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Little Jon, Feb 17, 2009.

1. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Here I have a local company that takes everything from scrap steel to organic waste at no cherge to me. They also make top soil.

2. Green Earth Inc.

Green Earth Inc. LawnSite Member

The best way to approach waste management is to contract it out. Most dont think about it that way. Around here everybody been taught that you haul it off to a dump. By the time you pay your workers to break off route and dump you have labor and dump fees.
    What i do for my Commercial properties is dump on the property wether its using there dumpster or somerwhere on the property. I just got a commercial property that i am not able to use there disposal so they had 2- 98 gallon containers droped off from there local waste management provider and they handle the cost.

3. Perfect Image TLM

Perfect Image TLM LawnSite Senior Member

city near me but where I actually do most of my work has a dump for grass, leaves, tree limbs, etc. They charge $10 per yard but usually charge less than you have. They make mulch and compost out of it also, but I don't know what they do with it.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

At first I read the title of this thread....and said to myself 'None of your darn business!'

Then I read on.....I get rid of my green waste at the city brush dump.

5. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Until recently :rolleyes:

OuthouseThrone.jpg

6. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

There is a reason why I bought her a promise ring ;-)

The draw back is I can't unload my leaves or branches on time before she runs out saying she misses me even though I saw her yesterday

7. lots of sinkholes around here.

8. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

I posted an ad on craigslist and got a response from a local rancher who wants my limbs, leaves, grass, and clippings. That saves me $7/yard and I dump 10+ yards/week this time of year.

9. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

Dry in up and burn all but grass. I get rid of it and the ashes from the other stuff at my dad's work for free.

10. nickroqs

nickroqs LawnSite Member
    from NJ

The local public dump around here doesn't charge anything if you're only getting rid of green stuff.