Where does everyone dump?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Little Jon, Feb 17, 2009.

1. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

I made a 4 x 4 x 4 compost bin and layer it as the season goes... My last layer was leaves. It doesnt hold all my "dumpings" but it consumes about a pick up load every other week.

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I dump all our debris and brush and stuff at our local city dump for free. It's pretty nice. And they give away free mulch. It aint super great, but if someone is cheap, I will spread it for them.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I might have to try that.

4. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

Thats a good deal, I dont think anyone around here takes anything for free.

5. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Each place is different. Our taxes are fairly high here.

6. IAgrassman

IAgrassman LawnSite Member

I have a friend with a burn pile just outside of town. For 10.00 per load I can show up whenever and dump. He cuts grass also in another county so no competition. About once a month we fill the pile then crack some cold one's torch the pile and talk about business.The up front cost given to the customer covers everything involved to dispose of the yard waste.

7. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

City dump i think it cost $5 a day

8. FLCthes4:11-12

FLCthes4:11-12 LawnSite Senior Member

At my house. We have five acres here in northeast georgia. If the wind stays down i'm going to put the grapple on the skid and start burning today. the pile as moved over into the wifes garden area and thats a no..no...alomost time to plant some veggies.