Where does everyone get there parts from?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jackedf150, Feb 8, 2008.

1. jackedf150

jackedf150 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Just curious where everyone orders parts from! Whats cheapest with good quality!

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Cheap and good quality do not go hand in hand.

3. jackedf150

jackedf150 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Well aware, but im sure someone has good parts cheaper than my dealership!

4. mike plummer

mike plummer LawnSite Member

mow products in ga 1-478-783-3455

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I get my parts from my dealer. #1 they are parts that come from Scag and I know that it is a quality part and the factory wil back that part if it fails. #2 I dont have to wait for the parts. If my mower breaks during the day they have the parts available and ready to go. #3 yes they may be more expensive, but I would much rather put faith into a scag part than a no name knock off, IMO. Some parts like throttle cables, belts and tune-up parts I will go elsewhere for. But main running parts I will stick with the dealer. Again, this is my opinion:waving:

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy everything from my dealer except blades, spark plugs and filters. But like Sydenstricker said, main running parts, I will stick with the dealer.

7. LawnProz

LawnProz LawnSite Member

Some parts from the dealer. The rest from Texas Mower Parts. I would recomend calling and talking to Travis. Great Guy and good prices. I have found prices to be better than other after market places and they carry Oregon parts. But call because the catalog has alot more than the web site.

8. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

I totaly agree, Travis is a good guy to work with.

Wayne