Where has all the controversy gone?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Jan 10, 2010.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, now that winter is fully upon us, I am noticing that this forum has not picked up pace to its typical 'winter boom' of postings. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I think that this is due to a number of key contributors who have dropped off the page.

Where are these guys when you need them? :

Chris Johnson
    Billy Bradford
    "Pete Scalia" :laugh:
    Paul Gosselin
    The rest of the AOLP executive.

We need some more strong debate and mild controversy here! :drinkup:

2. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Pete was an interesting character. I've been reading some of the old threads and his opinions were very........well you know.

IMO, I think the lack of activity on the forum is related to the economical climate . Not as many people in the LVL business because consumer demand has significantly declined.

3. LightYourNight

LightYourNight LawnSite Member

I posted a lot this last winter and thought that a few people on the forum were very negative and were getting in fights over stupid stuff. Like they needed an outlet to make themselves feel superior in some way. I got kinda sick of it.

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey John... nice to see you still read the forum. Feel free to jump in once in a while and participate.

While it was certainly more volatile here in the past, I never took anything too personally. That is why I have stuck with it.

It would be nice to see some more regulars contributing though.

Regards

5. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

I belong on some electrician forums and it is a lot more volatile there. Everyone seems to be a "hack" except for the one that is posting. A lot of union vs. nonunion stuff till moderators kill it real fast.

6. LetThereBeeLight

LetThereBeeLight LawnSite Member

I\'m new to the forum. What\'s all the scuttlebutt about?

7. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Try reading threads from the past year or two. It is easy to discover everyone's personality and expertise relating to this field.

8. LetThereBeeLight

I just want to let you guys know what I\\\'m doing . I\\\'m in the process of lobbying google maps and microsoft Bing to take night satellite shots. This way from overhead we can go into any neighborhood from our computer screen and see who has outdoor lighting and who doesn\\\'t.

This will be especially helpful in targeting our direct mail marketing to those homes without which should increase response rates. I\\\'m full of great ideas so just stay tuned.

9. LetThereBeeLight

why are their back slashes all over my messages? I\'m certainly not doing it.

10. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

To many of these :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: maybe???