Where has common sense gone???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by rickpilgrim, Apr 30, 2013.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

This reminds me of a time i went to eat lunch with my dad just a few month again. He runs a construction site and they were redoing an overhang on one of the entrances to a building. They had orange fence all the way around it except for about a 10 foot wide opening so they could get machinery in and out of. He had his truck parked in it at the time instead of the gate shut and on our 30-45 minutes lunch he had to yell at 7 workers to use the other door which was less then 20 yards away!?!?!?!?! are you kidding me. One guy wanted to argue it with him saying he could go in whatever door he wanted. My dad laughed and said ok bud but the scaffolding has brick layers on the top of it and when they are cutting they have a tendency to drop some stuff so if you are that dumb go ahead if one hits you it will only help this world. He walked away in a hurry to the other door.

2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Common sense was little more than a distant memory by then. It died at least a decade earlier. And had been on life support for decades before then. I'm thinking it may have died in 1969. Nothing else explains the seventies.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PAlawn

PAlawn LawnSite Member

I agree, my dad is a mechanic (not for a shop, he had worked from home for most of his life) and even he has to tell customers sometimes that he will recommend a shop because he does not have a tool. Also sometimes the job is complex they would be better off taking it there. By that I mean some companies make it so the dealers mechanics are the only ones who know how to work on it. That is not common but it does happen.

4. aczlan

aczlan LawnSite Member

I would put in a rear view camera for $200ish (something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/321108345674 ) and make a waterproof cover to go over it.

Aaron Z