1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where have all the good trailers gone?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnGuy73, Mar 22, 2003.

1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know where I can get a GOOD lawn service trailer without paying out the rear for it, I would like to stay in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area. Right now we have a 14' 2001 Tomahawk lawn trailer that is already falling apart, and a 16' 1998 H&H lawn trailer that the welds keep breaking on...Im looking for a 18' lawn service trailer - dovetail would be nice, breaks the whole deal.

Let me know if you can help........Thanks

2. MSYardman

MSYardman LawnSite Member
    from MS & LA

If you are looking for used, put an ad in the "Free" local paper. Also, ask at all the Equipment Rental places if they have a trailer for sale. That's how I bought my first trailer. I was going to order a new one, but needed a loaner right then. I ended up buying the loaner.

I agree that used trailers are hard to find. Also, they don't come down in price very much.

I'm always on the lookout for a used trailer at a good price.

Good luck.

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks MSYardman, but im really looking for a new trailer. Ive tried the used thing before ad found that alot of times i end up buying someone elses garbage........

4. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

in oklahoma you can find a car hauler 6x14 with gate dual axles for around $900 new. i dont know if this helps. i got 5x8 with full metal diamond plate bed for $400 used. Ne wit runs about $675.