Where have all the good trailers gone?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnGuy73, Mar 22, 2003.

1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know where I can get a GOOD lawn service trailer without paying out the rear for it, I would like to stay in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area. Right now we have a 14' 2001 Tomahawk lawn trailer that is already falling apart, and a 16' 1998 H&H lawn trailer that the welds keep breaking on...Im looking for a 18' lawn service trailer - dovetail would be nice, breaks the whole deal.

Let me know if you can help........Thanks
  2. MSYardman

MSYardman LawnSite Member
    from MS & LA

If you are looking for used, put an ad in the "Free" local paper. Also, ask at all the Equipment Rental places if they have a trailer for sale. That's how I bought my first trailer. I was going to order a new one, but needed a loaner right then. I ended up buying the loaner.

I agree that used trailers are hard to find. Also, they don't come down in price very much.

I'm always on the lookout for a used trailer at a good price.

Good luck.
  3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks MSYardman, but im really looking for a new trailer. Ive tried the used thing before ad found that alot of times i end up buying someone elses garbage........
  4. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

in oklahoma you can find a car hauler 6x14 with gate dual axles for around $900 new. i dont know if this helps. i got 5x8 with full metal diamond plate bed for $400 used. Ne wit runs about $675.