Where I should buy my Dixie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hogi, Oct 31, 2007.

1. hogi

hogi LawnSite Member
    from FINLAND

Hello everybody,

I'm going to buy Dixie LT2500-44 or LT2500-50 with springer forks and send it to Finland (we don't have any importer here). What would be cheapest plase to purchase Dixie in US? Company should be able to ship it to Miami (Florida) harbour, because my frinds have container which is coming to Finland.

I have contacted dixie factory several times without reply. Unfortunately it seems that I have to buy it from dealer.

Which tyres I should pick up? We have extremely hilly conditions (lot of slopes) and we need all possible friction in tyres.

I hope that some of this forum members could reply to my question. And sorry about my grammar mistakes :usflag:

-hogi (from Finland)

2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Hogi, contact Tom Hassenfritz at T.H.E. Company 319 385 3114. I'm sure he'll be able to assist you. Thanks, Lynn

3. hogi

hogi LawnSite Member
    from FINLAND

Thanks Gorrell,

Does this Tom have e-mail? It would be much more easier to communicate and take care of payments if he would have e-mail.

4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try bad boy mowers they are a sponsor and will handle the hills.

5. hogi

hogi LawnSite Member
    from FINLAND

This bad boy looks interesting. Why it would be best in hilly conditions?

6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

he tires are wider than a lot of mowers. The deck is 1/4" steel and hanging low puts the center of gravity low.

7. Illini_Fan

Illini_Fan LawnSite Member

8. nathan101

nathan101 LawnSite Member
    from florida

9. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

If you have a ton of hills you may want to look at something like a hustler atz. I don't know alot about it but I know that it was designed for that purpose.

10. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

For a 44 or 50" deck on hilly conditions I would suggest to you a walk behind instead of Z. I had a 2500-44 and would not suggest it for extremely hilly situations. I have also demoed a Bad Boy with a 60" deck and would not suggest it for hills either. Both models have hydraulics that are loose and don't handle anything like my Z-Master with a 60" on a hill.

Any Z with a 44-50" deck is not going to have a wide enough wheel base to give you the stability you need in hilly conditions.

I would suggest either going with at least a 60" Exmark or Toro or with a hydro walk.