1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where Is California??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SoloMow, Feb 19, 2005.

1. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

While sipping a few light beers tonight, a question popped into my mind. Imagine that! :D I have been a LawnSite member for about 3 months. My question is: Where is California? I have read posts from every part of the country represented here on LawnSite EXCEPT California? I see posts from New England, Atlantic Coast, Florida, Mid-West, Mid-South, Gulf Coast, Pacific Northwest, and Southwest. I was born in Iowa, grew up in Southern California, and moved to Texas. Am I totally mistaken or do California LCO's not post very often? I'm off to the refrigerator. :drinkup:
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

they are out there.
    there was a few of them all the same night a few nights ago.
  3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking that to myself a few nights ago! I wonder why there aren't many LCO's on here from the west?
  4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

From What I Understand You can Thank California for all These Annoying Enviro-Nut Laws..

-Spark Arrestor Screens...Thanks California.
    -2-Cycle Regulations that Killed the Great Suzuki and Duraforce Engines...& Screwed up the Carbs on the Stick Tools...Thanks California.

They're Probably too Busy Mowing Lawns w/Reel Mowers and Trimming w/scissors and "blowing" w/Push Brooms to Post Much...
  5. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

smoking grass instead of mowing it. maybe.
  6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

I would suppose they are too tired after a full day of manually pushing a reel mower, swinging a scythe, and using hand shears for hedges to be able to have any energy left to get on and type on lawnsite.
  7. Stephen M.

Stephen M. LawnSite Member

one earthquake too many have probably moved their brain cells around to the point that they have CRS disease. :laugh:
  8. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! I've never thought about it, but he's right! I can't think of one LS member, let alone one whose been here for a while, that is from the Left Coast.

Well, let's see if any of them post!

9. Robert F

Robert F LawnSite Member

From what I see around Los Angeles here is most of the guys that do lawns don't speak or write english. Ever heard of getting your yard done, front and back, done every week, it's all bagged AND edged all for a monthly total of... $50! Most of those guys I doubt have computers. Besides those guys you have a few like me and then you have the big companies that do most of the commercial properties.

There ya go.... not too many real LCO's in my neck of the woods.
  10. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

My brother was maintaining our grandmothers lawn (central coast) for her until this past year. He called to let me know he found someone who cuts (bagged/hauled off), line trims, and blows every week plus fertilizing for $60/month. I had him call the guy twice to check the price. "There's no way...it's not possible!"